Copyright 2017 - Xe-Pian Xe-Namnoy Power Co., Ltd.

FREAK STORM RUINS SCHOOL

XP-XNN 255

 
A freak of nature slammed into the Village of Nam Khong, Paksong District, Champasack Province and severely damaged a building of the Nam Khong Elementary School at around past noon of June 6, 2015. 

 
 Accordingly, strong gusts of wind toppled and uprooted trees and subsequently rendered a school building housing three classrooms.  Luckily, no one was hurt in the incident, but school children of Grades 1 and 2 will definitely have no classrooms if a new school building is not constructed immediately.  Holding classes under the proverbial oak tree is totally out of the question.

 

 

Read more ...

Vientiane Time News, EGAT signs up for more hydropower from southern Laos.

XP-XNN 255

E lectricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) has agreed to purchase the bulk of the hydroelectricity to be generated by the planned Xe-Pian Xe-Namnoy hydroelectric project in southern Laos.
EGAT will purchase 90 percent of the power to be generated by the project, which will have an installed capacity of 410 MW, while the remaining 10 percent will be sold domestically.
The signing ceremony took place after the Lao government approved a 32-year land lease of 238 hectares in Champassak and Attapeu provinces last week, to allow the investors to develop the project. The initial investment cost to construct the dam is expected to be about 2,100 billion kip.

 

Read more ...

Land Lease Agreement TV News

f t g m